Plaster Galvanized Steel Mesh On Exterior Wall Insulation
With the development of the environment, the environmental protection building energy saving gets important today. The exterior wall thermal insulation technology plays a significant role around our life now. Next we are going to talk about the construction technology to know more about the exterior wall insulation.
Galvanized welded mesh as plaster layer to be the exterior wall insulation.
The wall insulation construction is reinforced with plaster steel mesh.
The exterior wall thermal insulation demands
Thermal insulation: the thickness for the exterior wall thermal insulation, the interface agent: 2–3 mm, the waterproof mortar: 5 mm. The YQBW high quality thermal insulation mortar: 25 mm in the direction of east, west and south, and 30 mm in the direction of north. The thickness of the anti-cracking protection layer for decoration coating system is 10 mm. Galvanized steel mesh and insulation anchor is installed on the middle.
The exterior wall thermal insulation system structure
- The exterior wall: concrete, clay porous brick.
- The interface: interface processing.
- The waterproof: anti-cracking and waterproof mortar.
- The thermal insulation: YQBW high quality insulation mortar.
- The protection: steel mesh, insulation anchor,and anti-cracking mortar.
- The decoration: coating construction.
- The interface processing: YQ-V interface processing agent.
We can add water into the interface agent and mix them when we need interface mortar to coat the wall. The mixing time should be more than 3 minutes. The proportion of the water and cement is based on the actual construction. The interface mortar mixed with water should be run out within 4 hours.
- The waterproof: the thickness of the waterproof mortar is 5 mm.
The proportion of the mortar, water: cement = 1: 2. There is 5% waterproof agent in it. The mixing time should be more than 5 minutes.
- The material of the thermal insulation: YQBW high quality thermal insulation mortar.
The mixing time should be more than 5 minutes. The proportion, water: mortar = 0.3: 1. We can add the water as mush as we need and mix it. We should mix the mortar only when we need it. The interface mortar mixed with water should be run out within 4 hours.
- The protection material: YQKS anti-cracking mortar.
The configuration standard for the anti-cracking mortar with anti-cracking agent is like the following:
- The proportion: the water of the mortar is less than 3%.
- Cement: sand: anti-cracking agent = 1: 4: 0.1.
- Water: cement = 0.25: 1. We can add water according to need.
- Steel mesh.
Specification: the mesh opening: 12.7 × 12.7 mm, the wire diameter: 0.9 ± 0.04 mm.
- Insulation anchor: the tensile strength of the anchor is more than 0.8 KN.
The base wall cleaning
- Clean the left steel, waste model and add the hole during the construction. Clean the dust on the wall and the oil splotch. Clean the extra mortar, brick and cement that is on the wall.
- The base wall processing.
- The base wall is the brick: Clear the left mortar, oil splotch and the cement layer. Water the base wall before plastering. When you plaster the wall you should water the wall in advanced to meet the construction needs.
- The base wall is the concrete wall: Clean the grease with 10% caustic soda, then clean the caustic soda with water. The construction for interface agent is to coat the interface processing agent on the interface with the trowel. Then coat the waterproof mortar or insulation material.
- The base wall is the aerated concrete wall: Water the wall two days ago and water it twice every day until the depth of the water seepage is 8–10 mm. The last time to water should be one hour early before plastering. If the wall is not dry we can coat the waterproof mortar or the insulation material.
The wall construction
The construction condition
Repair for the pipe hole before plastering and inspect the position of the window and door. Inspect for the interface when the plaster cake is ready. The part that is more than the thickness of the insulation should be handled with with cement mortar so that the wall is on the same level. It is not the best construction time when the temperature is more than 35℃ or it's less than 5℃ for twenty four hours. We construct during during rainy days only when there is the waterproof measure. There should be antifreezing measure when it’s winter and sunscreen measures for summer. We can also put a sunscreen cloth on the scaffold if necessary.
The construction technology
clog the gap for YQBW exterior wall insulation, clean the wall, install the plastering cake and steel, install the insulation control line, water the wall, coat the interface agent, coat the waterproof mortar, coat the insulation material for the first time, coat the insulation for the second time, test the flatness and the thickness, install the galvanized steel mesh, water the wall, plaster the anti-cracking mortar, conserve with water, and acceptance.
The points for construction.
- Clean the base wall.
- Connect different based walls with steel mesh. Make a waterproof structure for the exterior wall.
- Install the control line and make the plastering cake for the insulation mortar.
- The waterproof construction: The waterproof mortar must be pressed tightly enough so that the connecting is firm.
- Make the expansion joints: Set up the expansion joint on the wall. The thickness of the mortar should be same as the based wall. The width is more than 50 mm. We should make many small plastering cakes so that the whole plastering is neat.
- The belt line: We set up the belt line to reinforce the safety for the thermal insulation system. The position of the belt line must be on the floor.
- The split joint construction: the thickness of the split bar should not be more than the plastering thickness. The interface agent is adhered to the insulation as the split joint.
- The anti-cracking protection layer.
The steel mesh is put on the thermal insulation and keep the steel mesh flat. The lapped width is more than 50 mm, the connecting part is fixed with anchor. We firstly paste the fiberglass cloth fabric partly and then install the big steel mesh in the window. The anchor is put on the steel mesh whose spacing is 500 mm × 500 mm. We use the percussion drill or electric hammer drill to drill, the diameter is 8 mm and the depth is more than 25 mm. There should be 5 anchors per square meter. The diameter of the insulation anchor is 5.5 mm. To make sure that the construction is stable, safe and durable, there is galvanized welded wire mesh on the anti-cracking mortar layer. The mesh diameter is 12.7 × 12.7 mm and the wire diameter is 0.5 mm. The anti-cracking construction should start after seven days when the insulation is solidified. The thickness of the anti-cracking should be 7–8 mm. It can not be more than 10 mm. We usually water the wall for seven days to make the conservation.
Transport and storage
We should pay attention to the waterproof problem when we transport and storage the YQBW high quality insulation mortar and YQKS anti-cracking mortar. And its usage time should not be more than three months.
The notice details
- The production for the YQBW high quality insulation mortar and YQKS anti-cracking mortar should follow the production standard. Nothing but water could be added into the product as material.
- Make the conservation for the construction. The construction should be stopped when it’s rainy.
Inquiry for Our Product
Anping Mengke Wire Mesh Manufacture Co., Ltd.
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.