Plaster Expanded Metal Skill to Reinforce The Balcony Balustrade
To set up a high quality balcony balustrade plaster expanded metal, we must follow the construction requires. The following is about the balcony balustrade plaster expanded metal technology.
Balcony balustrade is reinforced by expanded metal.
Galvanized expanded plastering mesh with thin wire.
- The diameter of the steel bar is 6 mm or 12 mm. The steel bar size must follow the normal standard which meets the design and specification needs after detection.
- The annealed wire: 20, 21 and 22 gauge. We need pads.
- The welding rod. The E4303 welding rod must follow the standard demands.
- Galvanized hexagonal mesh panels: its mesh opening is 1–2 cm and follows the normal standard.
- The template: bamboo plywood & square timber of 5 × 10 cm and 10 × 10 cm.
- Cement: the 425 Portland slag cement and the general Portland cement with the factory certificate and retest report.
- Sand: the particle diameter is 0.53–5 mm and 5–15 mm. We meed expansion agent.
- The machines: the blender & the truck.
- The tools: the sieve with 5 mm mesh opening, trolley, wooden sticks, trowel, flat spade, bucket, sprayer, snapping lines bag, soft brush, wire brush, drill and hammer.
The operation condition
- To draw the 50 cm horizontal line on the balcony exterior wall and check up the height carefully.
- Make sure the construction plan before constructing. Make the model balustrade and get the qualification before constructing.
- Check up the hanger or set up the scaffold in advance.
- The embedded iron and the steel connecting are welded on the wall, and they have been checked up.
- The balustrade spot welding steel mesh as the spare is approved.
The operation process
- The construction process: find the ways, weld the steel bar mesh, set up the model, strap the galvanized hexagonal mesh panels, wipe pisolite concrete, make the plastering cake, plaster for the exterior balustrade, make conservation, remove the model, install the steel window, plaster for the interior balustrade, and make conservation.
- Find the ways: find the exterior balcony vertical face and hang the vertical line from the highest floor. Pull the horizontal line on every floor and make the plastering cake on the intersection. The thickness of the cake is 18–25 mm. Find the balcony interior according to the vertical face and the balustrade thickness. Draw the interior line on the balcony and make sure the balcony balustrade steel position and the interior model position.
- Welding the steel mesh: firstly tick out the iron which is embed under the balcony balustrade and the wall then weld the steel bar mesh. The distance between the steel mesh and the plastering cake is 2.5–4 cm. This work could be left out if there is the embedded steel mesh during the construction and you just need adjust the embedded steel mesh.
- Set up the model: set up three or four layers balcony balustrade model with the bamboo plywood and the square timber, the model height should be as same as the design.
- Strap the galvanized hexagonal mesh panels: put the galvanized hexagonal mesh panels of 1–2 cm mesh opening on the steel mesh. Strap every steel intersection tightly with the annealed wire and the galvanized mesh panel.
- Wipe pisolite concrete: Reserve a gap every 3–5 m before wiping pisolite concrete and separate it with 10 cm timber. The proportion of the pisolite concrete, water: cement: sand: stone = 0.25: 1.0: 1.5: 3.23. Put the pisolite concrete on the galvanized mesh panel and the thickness is about 30 mm. After 2 hours, it’s the second time to plaster and put the uneven part carefully. When the pisolite concrete turns to dry, it’s the third time to plaster and make the plastering cake of 1 cm thickness on the balustrade. Then plaster with 1:3 or 1:4 cement mortar.
- After one day, make conservation with water.
- Remove the model and install the steel window: remove the model after three days’ conservation. Do not hit the balustrade so that there would be not crack. If there is closed steel window you can install the window after seven days.
- Plaster for the interior balustrade: weld the steel bar and the embedded iron. Set up the model and pour the pisolite concrete. Remove the model after three days. Plaster for the interior balustrade and the thickness is 1.2 cm.
- Make conservation: water the plastering and dabble the concrete for seven days.
- Mend the expansion joint: mend the drip line and the expansion joint before decorate the wall.
- Preventive measure: make the preventive measure and prevent from the rain.
The quality standard
- The important project: The material and the quality of the product must follow the design. The connecting of the plastering layers and the connecting between plaster layer and expanded metal must be firm and there is not cavity, delamination and cracks.
- The based project: the surface is smooth and neat, the line is clean, the water slope is right and the width of the drip tank is more than 10 mm.
Finished product protection
- Clean the remnant mortar on the window.
- Be careful when you are to take apart the shelf and do not damage the plastered cement wall. To prevent from the pollution and the damage, the protective measures should be settled in advanced.
- The connecting between the balcony balustrade and the wall is not firm.
- The reason: the area of the steel mesh is too big while the diameter is too small and the spacing is big so that the rigidity of the panel is not strong. The panel is not stable and the connecting between the steel mesh and the wall is not strong.
- The measure: firstly, the size of the steel mesh is less than 5 m and the wire diameter is 6 mm, the mesh size is 200 mm. The size of the steel mesh is more than 5 m. The wire diameter is 8 mm and the mesh size is 200 mm. The spot weld is the best choice and it can help the steel mesh to be strong. Secondly, the level steel connecting should be reserved.
- The floor has problems of cracks and cavity.
- The reason: the plastering thickness is more than 1.5 cm and the plastering work should be repeated many times.
- The measure: there should be four or five times plastering, every thickness should be less than 1.5 cm and the total thickness should be less than 6 cm.
- The measures of the deformed cracks: To make the deformed cracks break totally. When the strength of the mortar is to be 100%, you can cut it and add cement mortar with UEA swelling agent into it carefully.